Wednesday, January 8, 2014

"A Dungeons & Dragons Adventure" part 2, 1981.

Here we go, another post from this D&D comic book ad series that hasn't quite hit its stride yet; this instalment is generally understood to have been written by Stephen Sullivan and illustrated by Jeff Dee.
AFTER ENCOUNTERING A SHAMBLING MOUND, GRIMSLADE, INDEL, AND VALERIUS FIND A ROOM FILLED WITH GREEN SLIME...
I: LOOK OUT! IT'S DRIPPING!

I: AGGH!
G: INDEL!
V: IT'S EATING MY SWORD!

G: FORGET THE SWORD, VALERIUS, WE'VE GOT TO SAVE INDEL!
V: I'LL DRAG HIM FROM THE ROOM!

G: THIS WILL TAKE CARE OF THE SLIME!
FWOOSH!

SUDDENLY, A FIGURE STEPS OUT FROM THE SHADOWS...
V: SAREN!
S: NO QUESTIONS NOW... HOW'S INDEL?

V: IT'S GREEN SLIME, YOU'RE A CLERIC! CAN YOU HELP HIM?

S: I'LL DO MY BEST!

THE CLERIC'S POWERS RESTORE INDEL TO HEALTH. IN THE ROOM THEY FIND...
V: A MAGIC SWORD! IT'LL REPLACE MY RUINED ONE!
G: INDEL, LOOK FOR SECRET DOORS.

WITHOUT WARNING...
I: HELP!
-- A TRAP DOOR OPENS BENEATH INDEL'S FEET!

S: HE'S GONE!
G: THAT MEANS WE'LL HAVE TO GO EVEN DEEPER INTO THE DUNGEON, TO RESCUE HIM!

You must admit, when Indel went looking for secret doors... he found one! He's in the running for the "fool of a Took" role in this party. I do like the follow-up to his cry of agony -- "It's eating my sword!" Priorities, Valerius.

No comments:

Post a Comment