Saturday, February 8, 2014

"A Dungeons & Dragons Adventure" part 3, 1981.

I don't know if I mentioned: this blog has surpassed 20 thousand views! The themed posting sprees seem to contribute a lot to the readership's development, so I will continue along this Dungeons & Dragons death march for a time. But as time off for good behavior over the weekend, here's another instalment in the series of comic-book ads for the original pen-and-paper version of the RPG:
GRIMSLADE, VALERIUS, AND THE MYSTERIOUS SAREN SEARCH THE DUNGEON FOR THEIR LOST COMPANION, INDEL.
G, S: INDEL!
INDEL?!

SUDDENLY A BAND OF EVIL GOBLINS JUMPS FROM THE SHADOWS!!
V: GET THEM!
TAKE THEIR TREASURE

G: STAND BACK! I'LL TAKE CARE OF THEM!

G: A SIMPLE SLEEP SPELL STOPPED THEM!
V: COME--! WE MUST FIND INDEL!

MEANWHILE--

I: OH, MY HEAD!

I: A LIGHT FROM AROUND THAT CORNER. PERHAPS IT'S A WAY OUT!

DRAGON: GREETINGS, MORTAL WORM!
I: OH, MY! I THINK I'M IN TROUBLE!

It's my bedtime, so no analysis this time around. This piece pretty much speaks for itself, anyhow.

No comments:

Post a Comment